Coaching and Counselling
Coaching and Counselling are available over the phone from 8am to 8pm, 365 days a year.
When you phone our helpline you will speak to a member of our support team. They will ask you some basic questions about why you are calling and ‘triage’ your call, or decide the best person for you to speak to, based on this assessment.
They will then do one of the following:
- deal with your call personally as a support call
- transfer you to one of our BACP accredited counsellors for coaching and counselling
- assist with referral for long term treatment e.g. refer you to your GP
"Exactly the help and support I needed when I needed it."
What is it for?
Coaching helps you deal with problems of a practical nature.
What will happen?
Our certified coaches aim to help you identify goals and actions for yourself. This will include:
- what you are going to do
- when you are going to do it
- what difficulties you might face and how you might deal with them
- what support you might try to help you complete your actions
Our certified coaches will use the GROW (Goal, Reality, Options, Will) model to help you set personal goals.
With our flexible model of between one and six sessions, your coaching programme will be tailored to your needs.
A coaching session lasts up to 50 minutes.
When is coaching available?
Available 8am-8pm, 365 days of the year. If you have a more than one session of coaching we will arrange a regular and convenient time to call you.
"I was very impressed with the counsellor I spoke to, she helped me a lot to gain perspective and I wish I could have thanked her more at the time."
What is it for?
Our short-term phone counselling can:
- find a way forward
- reduce symptoms that are responsive to brief treatment
- develop better coping strategies
for issues such as
- moderate psychological symptoms such as anxiety or depression
- general stress
- work-related stress
- changes in work culture
- an unfamiliar management style at work
- issues caused by your school changing to an academy
- relationship conflict
- conflicts with colleagues or family members
Our counsellors can do this by…
- intervening in a crisis
- motivating you
- offering empathic support
- helping you develop relevant skills
How does it work?
1. You will speak on the phone with one of our British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited counsellors.
2. Your counsellor will ask you questions to find out how short-term counselling can help you.
3. They will then decide how much counselling you need. They can offer up to six sessions of 50 minutes duration.
4. The counsellor will arrange a date and time for the remaining sessions that is suitable for you both.
When is counselling available?
Counselling is available 8am-8pm, 365 days of the year. If you have a more than one session of coaching we will arrange a regular and convenient time to call you.